If you are thinking about home school, you may be thinking about what to do for PE and all of those extra classes. Here are some of the things we are involved in and YES you can count these as PE or other credits.
- Dance- this is 100% a PE class. In some private schools this counts as full credit PE so why not in home school?
- 4H- this can cover science as well as PE in some cases. We are involved in Shooting Sports.
- Scuba Lessons or Club- Again, Science and PE.
- Art Classes- We take these in Co-Op or through our county Parks and Rec.
- Organized Sports- Soccer, baseball… any of these are PE classes.
- Beekeeping- this is a science course for sure.
- Geocaching- PE and science.
When you home school, you have to think outside the box sometimes. A friend of ours at Salty Tribe has her kids enrolled in Surfing lessons. That counts as their PE class. If you really pay attention to what your kid is doing in school, they usually have PE what? Once or twice a week and then, here locally, they don’t get playground time on those days.
I will talk about Archery in another post very soon. We are BIG into archery here at the Funny Farm. Notice our logo has arrows on it.